Why You Should Travel To Egypt

14 March 2018

In October, I made the questionable (to some) decision to travel to Egypt for a holiday. It currently faces many stereotypes with regards to safety but speaking to my friend who lives in Cairo and doing some research led me to believe that it is still safe to travel to the majority of Egypt. The main area of concern was the Sinai Provence which is advised not to visit due to ISIS presence. 

However, I would highly recommend visiting Cairo and Luxor on your travels to Egypt if you ever have the opportunity to. Not only is the food incredible in Egypt but the fascinating history. We actually decided to visit Luxor first as I heard Cairo's busy streets may be a little too much for some. 

In Luxor we enjoyed, boat rides in a fluke down the River Nile to pick bananas in Banana Island, visited Luxor Temple, Colossi of Memnon, Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, Karnak Temple, The Egyptian Museum, a balloon ride over the Valley of The Kings at dusk, drank countless cups of Egyptian tea and smoked every flavour of shisha.








Following this, we flew back north to Cairo to meet up with my friend and enjoy what the city had to offer. We sampled delicious foods, visited the pyramids of Giza, met up with my friend Menna, visited the Al-Azhar mosque then set off for a 3 day trek into the desert stopping off at a salt lake which is basically a delicious beach, camped on the English mountain, visited the Bahariya Oasis which has the most incredible natural hot springs, visited the Black Desert, Crystal Mountain, did some sand boarding, had lunch at Ain Khadra water spring and toured the White Desert.










And as always, the food was incredible and the meats were cooked so well. I love Egyptian cuisine and tried so many variations of the same dish. The flavours in Egypt are incredible and absolutely endless. 










I would definitely recommend visiting Egypt to all my friends and readers, it's such an incredible place where you can learn so much about culture, people, politics and mannerisms. I would love to go back one day soon as I still feel Egypt has so much more to offer. 

No Comments

Post a Comment

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes